Here we are! It is 2015! A new year, a new beginning, new promises, fresh start!
Oh wait! Try telling that to your boss. Yeah right. That file is still pending. No matter how boring and tedious it may seem, unless you get it done, there will not be any cookies for you! New Year and all that jazz will certainly have to wait. Having been said that, all that Christmas fuzz still lingers ….
It is no mean task being a Solitary loon. But being a Solitary loon with a new found job has its perks and also bouts of lunacies. But it isn’t anything that this loon cannot handle. After all I have perfected my lunacies with realities of this world!
So, I have decided that I shall be decisive from now on. And will take firm decisions which will be based on deciding factors. Now that it has been decided, I am off to enjoy last few days of holidays.
Solitary loon wandering away…
So July 31st marks a lot of things for many people and has no significance for many others. For some it has significant memories, events that changed their lives and so on…
It did for me too. This particular day evokes many memories, and a certain event that has no personal significance, but marks a special day for my favorite author. However this year it marked another milestone in my life, which I had never honestly thought that I would have to confront because of its peculiarities and not so happy vibes. This July 31st marks a one whole month of me being unemployed! Though I was staggering a bit in the first part of the month but the last two weeks have been spent like a truly professional unemployed person.
So following are the activities that I have indulged in this month-
• Going to bed early and waking up early.
• Marking the calendar with a cross each day to remind myself of the lack of Job.
• Listening to hard rock at 7 in the morning and cursing half the world.
• Getting in the better mood and apply to new job opportunities spotted
• Reading books and goof around.
• Getting in the irritable, cranky mode and check mails for possible interview calls by evening (which never came).
• Feeling dejected and perk up a second later and carry on with my lunacy.(seems like the most sane thing to do in these DARK TIMES)
• Hiding from half the world and pretend to be a spy on an interesting and dangerous mission.
• Making lists of things to do and setting new goals to achieve new goals.
• In short making too many goals.
• Making sure that not a day goes by without a show of my antics.(so as to not lose touch with my amazing loony soul)
• Eating amazing home cooked meals and putting on weight. In fact, reaching the pinnacle of highest ever weight gain in my life!
• Working out and doing Yoga to lose all the gained weight and pump my body with enough oxygen.( Dark times may get over easily, but dark circles won’t)
• Not trying to make a big deal out of my situation and placing myself in the shoes of the parasites. (I wonder if they even wear shoes. Nevertheless trying to place myself in their place and shamelessly spend my Parents’ money).
• Going on a Shopping spree, coloring my hair blue and going for a make-over (with previous point implied here too).
• Making sure to visit the beach every weekend and make sand castles (a change from making castles in the air on weekdays).
• Enjoying rain and the splattering sound it makes when falling on my window pane.
• Thinking seriously on becoming a serious thinker.
• Shoving the serious thinker-thought away and watching re-runs of the various sitcoms
That was all that I did in July hopefully would have much more interesting things to do this month and possibly find myself a suitable and rewarding job!
Solitary loon wandering away….
It is no ordinary story. It is a tale of a highly restless mind and a heartless soul. In fact it has such heartlessness that it appears like a gravy boat full of yucky gravy. Even if you take out the gravy the emptiness of the gravy boat will haunt you forever and you would be forced to drown it in the sink full of soapy water before the grime stuck to it leaves a mark on your skin to be etched forever, screaming- you ate this yucky gravy!!!
But mercifully it also being a tale of a restless mind would easily distract you from the grimy tales to almost absurd and abrupt one. Where the gravy might suddenly turn into a Mango souffle or maybe a Raspberry tart!
It could well be a tale of woes with twinkle toes! So I am now officially rambling! That’s what happens when one has a restless soul! Settling down to a single thought seems such a chore. Sometimes I feel that due to this all my thoughts turn out to be like a half-baked pie. I happen to be thinking about something serious such as a career in an international organisation but fraction of a second later I start wondering whether I can be a Trapeze artist! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being one but anyone who knows me will tell you it’s a veryyyyy bad idea!
Anyways duty calls and Solitary loon is wandering away….
Hmm. So I thought writing a blog on my daily musings would be easy since I am always thinking about one thing or another, almost forcing my brain into a logjam of thoughts but hey presto! I realized that it isn’t that easy! So after huffing and puffing and fidgeting here and there, I sit to write it once again only to find myself lost in the land thoughts without a letter typed yet! Oh such miseries of having a writer’s block! It seems to have hit me during the most crucial phase of my life. Or maybe it hasn’t. It could just simply be my better half known to many as procrastination! Well, you can’t really ignore procrastination. Can you? Who doesn’t like to wander off a midst the things and thoughts so pleasing that it may make your mundane daily activities more doable? Just a tiny break a midst the hectic schedule during your unemployed life is what makes it worth indulging in! Doesn’t it? Huh, anyways, can’t write anymore! It’s time for my procrastination! Too much white noise in the brain is making the act of writing a fuzzy memory. Am I writing still? What is wrong with me? Have I lost the art of procrastination now too? Gah! I think it is because of too much Yoga that I have been doing! Too much oxygen is making me think clearly and act sanely! My solitary musings are finally returning to me and bursting to be shared with the fellow earthlings! Oh wait! The big tub of ice-cream eaten half an hour ago seems to be pulling me back into the world of procrastination and lunacy. I think my lunatics still have chance to survive this world!
Solitary loon wandering away….